15 June 2010

Tassa Uttari Sutra (Elevation of my Soul)

Fourth Lesson of Samayik

TASSA UTTARI SUTRA (Elevation of my soul)

Tassa – For the

Uttari – elevation (of my soul)

Karanenam – for doing

Payachhchhitta – expiation (removal of sins)

Karanenam – for doing

Visohi – more purification (of my soul)

Karanenam – for doing

Visalli – the darts (in the form of hypocrisy, ardent desires and false faith)

Karanenam – for doing

Pavanam – sinful actions

Kammanam – effects

Nigghayanaththae – for destroying

Thami – I stay

Kaussaggam – in a motionless posture

Annaththa – with (twelve) exceptions as follows:

Usasienam – breathing in deeply (1)

Nisasienam – breathing out deeply (2)

Khasienam – due to coughing (3)

Chhienam – due to sneezing (4)

Jambhaienam – due to yawning (5)

Udduenam – due to eructation (6)

Vaya-Nisaggenam – due to eruptation of bodily gas (7)

Bhamalie – due to feeling of giddieness or dizzy (8)

Pitta Muchhchhae – due to vomiting sensation, or fainting (9)

Suhumehim – due to subtle

Anga Sanchalehim – bodily movements (10)

Suhumehim – due to subtle

Khel Sanchalehim - cough movements (11)

Suhumehim – due to subtle

Diththi Sanchalehim – eyes movements (12)

Eva Maiehim – these twelve types and other

Agarehim – exceptions

Abhaggo – let my steady posture be undisturbed

Avirahio – not violated (without violating the mode)

Hujja Me – let my

Kaussaggo – motionless posture be

Java Arihantanam – as long as to Arihantas

Bhagavantanam – to the Lords

Namokkarenam – by reciting the Namaskar pad mentally

Na Paremi – (I) do not complete (the motionless posture)

Tava Kayam – till then (I keep) my body

Thanenam – in motionless posture at one place

Monenam – in complete silence (without speaking but reciting mentally)

Jhanenam – in meditation

Appanam – (I give up) my soul

Vosirami – by remaining aloof


Note : The words from “Thanenam” to “Vosirami” should be recieted mentally without moving the lips. Then “Irriyavahi” and “Namokar Mantra” should be mentally recited (meditated) in the Kaussagga i.e. the motionless posture.

The meaning and explanation of the fourth lesson
In this lesson, the procedure of doing the Kaussagga (the motionless posture), the exceptions kept open, the reasons for doing it and the duration period are well explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment