Hats off to Jain Center of Southern California (JCSC) at Los Angeles
- It is a birth place of the Federation of JAINA that occurred in 1981. The creation of JAINA was inspired by Gurudev Shri Chitrabhanuji and Acharya Shri Sushilmuniji.
- The Los Angeles Jain Center is a home to a priceless, historical and more than 100-years old replica of a temple similar to the Palitana Temple. The replica is on display in the main lobby of the Cultural Complex. The assembled structure, weighing nearly 10,000 lbs measures 15 ft x 20 ft x 35 ft high, is carved out of teakwood. The structure has elaborately carved columns, wall panels, doors, a dome, two curved staircases and two ornate jarukhas (enclosed balconies).
- Serving only Jain Vegan food at the Center is another major history making event that occurred in 2018.
- For the last 10 to 15 years, YJA convention has served 95%+ vegan food, and used environmental friendly paper products for their national conventions. Several young speakers were invited to speak on Veganism.
- Ahimsak Eco Vegan Committee is a resource center for Veganism and Ecology related literature
- Jaina Education Committee is fully committed to the practice Vegan way of life. It prepared all new Pathashala books about 13 years go and dedicated to the people who are committed to live Vegan way of life. All Pathashala teachers’ conferences and Jain Education workshops conducted at various places serve only Jain Vegan food.
- The education committee has published the Book of compassion which consists sever articles related to animal cruelty, Veganism, Environmental protection, and complete elimination of animal products from Jain rituals.
Jain eLibrary Website in-charge
Jaina JAB competition coordinator
919 889 1900 Cell