15 October 2009

Logassa ... in English

LOGASSA

~ English adaptation

logassa ujjoyagare, dhamma titthayare jine
arihante kittaissam, cauviisam pi kevalii ॥1॥

Who bring about upliftment in the world, establish the ford of religion and have conquered their passions,
I shall sing the praises of those Arihantas, all twenty-four of whom are omniscient.
~~~~
usabham ajiyam ca vande, sambhavam abhiandanam ca sumaim ca
paumappaham supāsam, jinam ca candappaham vande ॥2॥

I worship Rishabha, Ajita as well as Sambhava, Abhinandana and Sumati,
Padmaprabhu, Suparshva and Candraprabhu, Jinas all.
~~~~
suvihim ca pupphadantam, siala-sijjamsa-vāsupujjam ca
vimalam anantam ca jinam, dhammam santim ca vandāmi ॥3॥

I worship Suvidhi/Pushpadanta, Shitala, Shreyamsa and Vasupujya,
Vimala, Ananta, Dharma and Shantinatha, Jinas all.
~~~~
kunthum aram ca mallim, vande muisuvvayam nami-jinam ca
vandāmi ritthanemim, pāsam taha vaddhamānam ca ॥4॥

Kunthu, Ara and Malli, Munisuvrata and Nami, I worship them all.
I worship Arishtanemi, Parshva and Vardhamana too.
~~~~
evam maye abhitthuā, vihuya rayamalā, pahiinajaramaranā
cauviisam pi jinavarā, titthayarā me pasiiyantu ॥5॥

Thus worshiped by me, may all twenty-four Jinas, Tirthankaras all,
Free from the blemish of karmas and from birth and old age, be pleased with me.
~~~~
kittiya vandiya mahiyā, je e logassa uttamā siddhā
āruggam bohilābham, samāhivaram uttamam dintu

I sing their praises, worship them and deeply revere the supreme Siddhas
May I be blessed with health, knowledge and profound meditation.
~~~~
candesu nimmalayarā, āiccesu ahiyam payāsayarā
sāgaravara gambhiirā, siddhā siddhim mama disantu

More blemishless than the moons, more illuminating than the suns,
Deeper than the oceans, may the Siddhas grant me liberation.
~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment